The Charlotte Metro Area is now in the top 15 cities in the country in mosquitoes! Some ways you can help combat them are:
- Regularly clean gutters, bird baths, and cisterns. Standing water is their breeding ground!
- Maintain your lawn. Shorter grass gives them less protection from the sun and allows stagnant ground water to dry easier.
- Have a team of professionals come out and treat your yard and suggest your neighbors do the same. This prevents mosquitoes from migrating and reduces the overall population.
- Have your gable vents screened from the outside. Screens on the inside are primarily for insects and can easily be bypassed by squirrels, bats, and raccoons.
- Make sure you have well maintained chimney caps. This is a common way for wildlife to access your home.
- If you see scratch marks near a gable, tennis ball to softball sized holes chewed into your home, or start having a foul smell in your crawl spaces, call us! Raccoons, bats, and rodents can carry diseases and their feces are dangerous as well as smelly. Our job one is to protect you and your family
- When you see an opossum or snake, don’t freak out! They are usually more scared of you than you are of them. We can come out and safely remove them.
- Check secondhand furniture, beds, and couches for any signs of bed bug infestation before bringing them home.
- Use a protective cover that encases mattresses and box springs to eliminate many hiding spots
- When you travel, inspect the luggage rack, seating area, and bed in your hotel room for both bugs and their dark spot markings.
- If you suspect that you have an infestation, call us immediately! Bed Bugs multiply very quickly and can cause health problems even from the earliest onset.